Saturday, December 10, 2011

Final Project time!!!

I have been in serious work mode for the last week or so on final projects which has been frustrating, tiring, stressful, but a bit exciting as I'm developing my interests and strenghts in Art Ed and possibly thesis work. Most of my projects for the close of the semester are involving alternative experiences in art museums that hit on a variety of different subjects. They are all taking the collection of the art institute and reinterpreting them in different ways in hopes to get nonvisitors and repeat visitors alike thinking, experiencing, and interested in art! I'm really interested in ways to get nonvisitors engaged as I know many people who dismiss art in general as "boring" "stuck up" "stuffy" or "elitist", without even giving it a shot. So I have been thinking about ways to get my friends who think that way about art into an art museum and engaged, interested, and excited about what they are seeing. I'm really excited about using mobile media in museums and creating fun "challenges" like we did in our cyberped group with the teens! The other 2 tours I have been working on involve alcohol and art and religion/experience and art. I'm pretty excited to see how it all turns out, and I'll make sure I post the final results on my portfolio site!

No comments:

Post a Comment